Sunday, October 5, 2008

Jesse earns a Rally Novice Leg!

Photo by Jill B. Newman

Random! I entered Jesse in the Garden State Golden Retriever Club Specialty held today in North Branch, NJ. I wanted to support the club, so I figured, what the heck, put her in Rally Novice. I had no intentions of qualifying and haven't practiced ANYTHING with her in, um, years. Yes - I said YEARS.

Jesse was retired from all things "work" almost three years ago due to all her structural issues. She was never a fan of "working" and I saw no point in making her participate in things just because I wanted to. She has been happily warming the couch for us ever since.

But today, she came out of retirement and qualified in her first ever Rally Trial - earning her first ever green ribbon! Big, HUGE deal for my broken dog! And I think she might have even had fun...who knew?

No comments: